I’m not all that good at blogging and generally have no idea what I’m doing or why I’m doing it. ParentalGrit, I suppose, works in spite of myself as all I really enjoy doing is writing entertaining and encouraging stories for parents while shunning all the traditional characteristics of similar blogs. Oh well, like my mother always said: you’re probably not the worst in the world at it?
Nevertheless, when I occasionally get tagged by a fellow blogger or tweeter, I always acquiesce and hopefully send a little love their way for thinking of me. This time, it was a Liebster Award, graciously bestowed upon me by Junell over at missadventuresinadulting.com; check out her wonderful community over there whenever you have a chance and I thank her for thinking of me! In the meantime, the Liebster Award means I have the pleasure of answering some of Junell’s questions and tagging a few other bloggers to continue the chain…
Enough of the small talk! Time to learn about me! I may have had some fun with this… 🙂
1. What made you get into blogging?
A full-time job and two little girls under 3 years of age left me so much free time that I had no idea what to do with myself. I started taking on extra hobbies left and right. Blogging, knitting, stamp collecting, treasure hunting…why not?
2. If you could only have one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hot. Is that an option? It has been so long…
3. What’s your go-to song if you’re called on to sing karaoke?
I’m currently really working on pinpointing the perfect pitch for my rendition of Five Little Speckled Frogs, but I’d say my Old McDonald currently takes the cake.
4. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure show?
I really love where Daniel Tiger’s character has been heading the last few seasons…I think things are really going to heat up personally for him in the coming shows.
5. If HGTV was going to pay all your expenses, but you had to move somewhere across the world, where would you choose to go?
I always hear about how it takes a ‘village to raise a child’ so I’d love to visit one of these ‘villages’ and let them raise my child.
6. If you could have dinner with one fictional character, and one historical figure, who would you choose and why?
I would grab the teacher from the Peanuts cartoon and pair her with Shakespeare and giggle wildly in the corner. What a conversation that would be.
7. What is your favorite book? Why?
All Aboard the Potty Train is really resonating with me currently, but my real go-to is Baby Beluga. What a powerful study in human achievement. Errr…whale achievement. Whatever.
8. What’s one piece of unsolicited advice you would give your 20-year-old self today?
9. What is one irrational fear you have?
My wife. When she’s irrational, I fear her greatly.
10. Describe your best day ever.
I sleep uninterrupted for a single night and sleep in until 7 am. Anything that happens after that is GRAVY.
11. What’s the best blogging tip you’ve ever received?
I don’t know that I’ve ever received a blogging tip and, given my mediocre performance as a blogger, I’m surprised they haven’t been flying in out of pity.
Well those are all of Junell’s questions for me! I’ll be back later to tag other bloggers and share some of the fun!
Remember, if you have something you’d like me to write about, in either serious or ridiculous tones, shoot me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!